Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Dream in Doubt



Tonight public television airs A Dream in Doubt on the series Independent Lens.

from the promo material:
“A Dream in Doubt” is an immigrant story in a world in which patriotism has morphed into murder. When Rana Singh Sodhi’s brother is killed in America’s first post-9/11 revenge murder, he begins a journey to reclaim his American dream and fight the hate that continues to threaten his community. This intimate, hour-long documentary of one man’s odyssey from persecution in India to embracing America as his homeland proves that courage and hope have the power to overcome hate.

Sorry for the late notice. I've just arrived in my summer/fall residence, and we're moving in--never a fun process. If you can manage some extra TV time tonight (after the "Must-See TV" American Idol Final--cough) this looks like it'll be worth it.
Check your local listings for times. In Iowa it shows tonight at 9 PM and repeats at Midnight. It'll also air May 25 at 11 PM here, so if you miss it tonight you may get another chance.

The trailer: http://www.adreamindoubt.org/trailer




2 comments:

D.K. Raed said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I will set our DVR for May 25. Tonight I'm watching the primaries. I've never seen an American Idol & never hope to see one, but I can tell you anyhow, I'd rather see one than be one!

Border Explorer said...

Good one, D.K.!

My bad news is that last nite I felt like I was having another blonde moment when at 9 PM no "A Dream in Doubt" appeared on my set. Upon checking IPTV's website, I discovered they now have an HD channel AND an IPTV+ channel in addition to plain ol' IPTV. (I guess I'd much rather see tax money go to that than some other things.) Anyway, the good news is that we're still scheduled here for the Sunday broadcast. And I've even got a few days to figure out how to program the VCR to tape it.