Sunday, August 10, 2008

Rick Steves on Faithful Travel



Holy cow, Rick Steves has a whole lot more going for him than I ever realized.
Like him, I believe that travel is all about getting out of our comfortable environment, broadening our perspective, and connecting with a bigger world. I relate to sooo much he says in this narrative; I was amazed.

Here's a huge thank you to Diane of "Faith in Community" for posting this. I nicked it from her. It lasts 12 minutes or so. If you don't make it to church today, you can use this for your meditation.

6 comments:

Mariamariacuchita said...

If my traveling to Europe can afflict the comfortable, I will be happy to go.

Border Explorer said...

Ha, ha.

Actually, I never knew Rick goes to third world countries and that it meant so much to him to do that.

Randal Graves said...

Rick gets flak for being 'uncool' whatever the hell that means, but he's definitely cool.

Border Explorer said...

Whew, Randal, I'm glad to hear Rick's considered 'uncool.' The ideas he discusses in this video are too similar to my own. I'd sure hate to be considered cool.

D.K. Raed said...

I watch Rick Steves a lot, mainly because he seems to do the kind of stuff I do when traveling. OK, so I am uncool, too, Randal.

Does this mean you are back from vacation, B.E.? I'll watch the vid now, even though it's Monday (but since I don't go to church anyway, any day will do, right?).

Border Explorer said...

I'm back, D.K., and will share my WI vacation here soon.

Any day is fine for the video. It meant much more to me than many sermons/homilies I've sat through.