Monday, September 29, 2008

Yea! Awards!

I'm not going to kid you, I love blog awards.

A very deserving progressive patriot, Fran of Ramblings, awarded this to me. Fran's blog is top-notch, so I'm in heaven. Fran moves me to action: one post recently triggered my register-the-homeless-to-vote initiative. Her photo illustrations are wickedly good. Fran also posts regularly on The Siren's Chronicles. Thank you very much, Fran!

I don't read neo-con wing-nut blogs; every blog I visit belongs to a progressive patriot. Here are five award winners I read faithfully:

1. Robert Rouse at Left of Centrist. If we all were as committed and dedicated to patriotism as Robert, we'd take this country back. (Of course it would also help if we were all as talented and creative as he is, too.)

2. Mardé at SeevsPlace. He is a true patriot and political commentator I've gotten to know recently.

3. Illiterate Electorate. This joint effort brings political blogging to the attention deficit generation. I really appreciate what they do. (Maybe I'm AD/HD?)

4. Social Seppuku. This joint effort moves toward the anarchist-patriot arena. It's radical. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes. That's a good thing.

5. L'ennui mélodieux. Randal Graves is amazing. Go. See. Now. Prepare to be impressed. He's not pictured on the Border Explorer masthead above Obama for nothing, ya know.



Another blogger I respect so much, Ruth of Ruth's Visions and Revisions, chose me for this one. Coming from Ruth, I am honored. She is a wonderful blogger with many well-deserved readers who become her friends. Her great writing (she's a pro) and thoughtful content, illustrated with her own photography keep us coming back and back. Thank you very much, Ruth!

And now--how wonderful it is to say "I love your blog" to these people:

1. Dusty at It's My Right to be Left of Center. Even my husband, the anti-blogger, knows Dusty. That's how much I talk about her blog. If everyone cared like she does, the world would be a very different place. A much better one.

2. Diane of Faith in Community. At the moment Diane is on a blog-hiatus. I so appreciate her vision and insight. She has been a positive influence on me. I feel lucky to know her.

3. Ingrid of Blogger Round Table. Ingrid's global background, now grounded in Texas, lends her blog a rich perspective. Her posts are sometimes personal, sometimes challenging but always well-written.

4. Susan of Phantsythat--what a remarkable talent rolled up into a wonderful person. She also posts on Politits. I wonder how she gets it all done, and everything she does is wonderful.

5. Fran of FranIAm. We all know she's a great writer and an in-depth person...grounded with an unfailing sense of humor. Besides the fact that I love her blog, I also love that I've met so many great bloggers through her.

I wish I could give an award to every one of the people who populate my virtual life here on Border Explorer. That sounds trite, unfortunately, because I am so grateful--always grateful--to you who visit here and share your thoughts and comments.

Thank you once again, Fran and Ruth!

13 comments:

afeatheradrift said...

I'll stop by later BE and check out these links. No doubt I'll be adding more blogs to my reading list! Sigh...lol. And congrats on both, you richly deserve them. I'll send an email later today too!

Carol said...

Congratulations on the awards and thanks for visiting my blog today. It's nice to meet you! I relate to all of the "middles" in your bio! ;-)

I'm running out of time in my morning, so I'll be back to check out more of your blog later today.

susan said...

Good morning! I'm delighted to be one of your nominees for the 'I love this blog' award. How very kind of you to think of me considering the time and effort you expend here. Talk about not knowing how someone does it all you, my friend, take the cake. I hope you have a wonderful day and I too will be back later.

FranIAm said...

Thank you so much BE!!

Ingrid said...

Gee how sweet of you BE. I have been so awol lately and then to have this acknowledgment..it tickles me pink [g].
I have another 'award' from someone (must ask a particular blogger if 'she' was the one awarding it to me) that I yet have to 'pick up'. I'm starting to feel like a girl scout/campfire girl, collecting my badges!
great sites for the patriots ones as well. Robert is an absolute 'must be' on that one!

hugs

Ingrid

Robert Rouse said...

Thanks BE! I am an unabashed patriot. Peace is patriotic. A real patriot understand dissent. You are indeed a patriot. After all - not to sound childish - it takes one to know one.

Border Explorer said...

Sherry, thank you friend. I know your blog list is very very full already. I'm honored by your visit here.

Carol: And I can't wait to read more on Carol for Peace. So glad I bumped into you.

Susan: You're very welcome, darling.

Fran: You are so welcome!

Ingrid: Ha, ha, I heard they are Girl Guides in Europe! Bet you had a kazillion badges, too. Enjoy the accolades.

Robert: You are the people's choice, man. I'm proud to be your blogging friend.

Jan said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you!! You deserve these honors, for sure.

It will be fun to check out your awardees.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Congratulations to all involved.

Liberality said...

congrats on the awards. I just started coming here but I gotta tell you I like what I see.

Sal Kilmister said...

Thanks a ton! We love your blog too...

Randal Graves said...

Yikes. I don't mind getting awards, but to lump a dude who slaps up goofy pictures with bad snark in with people actually chronicling this sordid era? I'm going to have to go all Wayne and Garth here!

M.Yu said...

Thanks BE! Just got back in town to find this. I appreciate the nod.
I am glad you are around. Someone must keep an eye on Randall!

Keep up the good work!

M