I'm not going to kid you, I love blog awards.
A very deserving progressive patriot, Fran of Ramblings, awarded this to me. Fran's blog is top-notch, so I'm in heaven. Fran moves me to action: one post recently triggered my register-the-homeless-to-vote initiative. Her photo illustrations are wickedly good. Fran also posts regularly on The Siren's Chronicles. Thank you very much, Fran!
I don't read neo-con wing-nut blogs; every blog I visit belongs to a progressive patriot. Here are five award winners I read faithfully:
1. Robert Rouse at Left of Centrist. If we all were as committed and dedicated to patriotism as Robert, we'd take this country back. (Of course it would also help if we were all as talented and creative as he is, too.)
2. Mardé at SeevsPlace. He is a true patriot and political commentator I've gotten to know recently.
3. Illiterate Electorate. This joint effort brings political blogging to the attention deficit generation. I really appreciate what they do. (Maybe I'm AD/HD?)
4. Social Seppuku. This joint effort moves toward the anarchist-patriot arena. It's radical. It makes me uncomfortable sometimes. That's a good thing.
5. L'ennui mélodieux. Randal Graves is amazing. Go. See. Now. Prepare to be impressed. He's not pictured on the Border Explorer masthead above Obama for nothing, ya know.
Another blogger I respect so much, Ruth of Ruth's Visions and Revisions, chose me for this one. Coming from Ruth, I am honored. She is a wonderful blogger with many well-deserved readers who become her friends. Her great writing (she's a pro) and thoughtful content, illustrated with her own photography keep us coming back and back. Thank you very much, Ruth!
And now--how wonderful it is to say "I love your blog" to these people:
1. Dusty at It's My Right to be Left of Center. Even my husband, the anti-blogger, knows Dusty. That's how much I talk about her blog. If everyone cared like she does, the world would be a very different place. A much better one.
2. Diane of Faith in Community. At the moment Diane is on a blog-hiatus. I so appreciate her vision and insight. She has been a positive influence on me. I feel lucky to know her.
3. Ingrid of Blogger Round Table. Ingrid's global background, now grounded in Texas, lends her blog a rich perspective. Her posts are sometimes personal, sometimes challenging but always well-written.
4. Susan of Phantsythat--what a remarkable talent rolled up into a wonderful person. She also posts on Politits. I wonder how she gets it all done, and everything she does is wonderful.
5. Fran of FranIAm. We all know she's a great writer and an in-depth person...grounded with an unfailing sense of humor. Besides the fact that I love her blog, I also love that I've met so many great bloggers through her.
I wish I could give an award to every one of the people who populate my virtual life here on Border Explorer. That sounds trite, unfortunately, because I am so grateful--always grateful--to you who visit here and share your thoughts and comments.
Thank you once again, Fran and Ruth!