Monday, February 2, 2009

An Award Worthy of Valentine's Month

Two wonderful women bloggers blessed me with the Friends award. I love, admire and respect them both: Missy of Missy's Big Fish Stories and Sherry of A Feather Adrift. They are both fabulous writers and story tellers, intelligent, critical thinkers, good cooks, tuned into spirituality and values--and then they each have their own individual specialties, too!

The last thing I expected when I started Border Explorer last May was that I would make friends here. But that has been the best part. That's why I'm still here, doing this. When I think about quitting, I just could not give up these relationships with the people who visit me here and comment as well as share their lives on their blogs.

The truth is that many of you have become my personal life friends, even though we have not met. I'm passing this "Friend" award on to the bloggers who are also my Facebook friends. They are:

Robert Rouse of Left of Normal
Missy of Missy's Big Fish Stories
Diva Jood of Journeys with Jood
FranIAm
Diane of Faith in Community
Jan of Yearning for God
Helen Wheels of Just Ain't Right
Lisa of That's Me
Dada of Dada's Dally
Thailand Chani of Finding My Way Home
Linda Sama of Ramblings of an Ageless Hippy Chick
Ingrid of Blogger Round Table
Jamie of Duward Discussion
David Rice of Yoga Korunta
Grandmere Mimi of Wounded Bird
Craig Crawford of Craig Crawford's Trail Mix
Katie Schwartz
Libby of Rejoice Always
Sue J of Nailing Jello to the Wall
Marde of SeevsPlace
John of Hermano Juancito

I thank you who enrich my life--friends I've found in cyberspace. I'm counting all Border Explorer readers as friends, and if you're on Facebook, I'll be delighted to add you to the list. Email me so we can get started.

19 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Oh, we're not your friends, we just want unilateral access to Mexico's resources after Murka takes over and you're made the puppet queen below the border. ;-)

Lisa said...

Oh, thank you! I am so glad to get to know you.

Jan said...

WOW--thank you! We still have to get together!

Ingrid said...

and what a bad friend I've been..thanks for thinking of me B! And yes, it's nice to have 'each other' on Facebook as well, what an exclusive bunch hehe..
btw, I'm getting very busy so it's good to know that our online friends go with the flow of each other's personal lives when 'it' takes over..
I have a LOT of catching up to do..
hugs
Ingrid

FranIAm said...

Thank you so much - I so appreciate this gesture even if I completely stink at ever posting or passing these lovely gifts on. Forgive me please.

You have very much enriched my life from our earliest correspondence via blogging and as I said in the post above this one, you are truly a great light in the world.

Jan said...

Thinking about this honor today, I realized how much work you put into this, posting each blog address. Thank you for being so thoughtful.

Diane said...

wow! thank you!

thailandchani said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me. :)



~*

Border Explorer said...

Randal, when I'm puppet queen I'll give you anything but Gillian.

Lisa, right back atchu.

Jan, yes! And you are welcome for the link.

Ingrid, hugs to you Dear.

Fran, you light up MY life.

Diane and Thailand Chani: Thanks for the Facebook fun.

Grandmère Mimi said...

Border Explorer, I'm honored beyond what I can say. Thank you.

I don't pass along awards or memes, but I appreciate your thinking of me.

Libby said...

Thank you so much!! That is a very cheery thing to see. I too have been amazed by the connections that can come about through blogging, although in your case I knew you in person first, which is even better :) I will have to come back when I have more time and check out all those links; looks like some interesting stuff.

David Rice said...

Thank you, Bille, I'll get to work tomorrow. Am tired now!

Jamie said...

Thank you so much. This means a great deal coming from you. I truly appreciate your warmth and friendliness in addition to all the issues we discuss.

Maithri said...

Congrats on your award my friend... I just realised you never picked up one from me... look for the post entitled 'and i call you friend' ;)

Blessings, M

Dada said...

Thanks and back atcha B.E. What say we get together soon and solve a few world problems over a couple of beers with friends?

Robert Rouse said...

Thanks, B. I appreciate it. Although I don't have anywhere near the Internet presence I used to. Stop by the new place anytime.

seev said...

Thank you, BE, for being my friend. And thanks for your comment on my "Read and Weep" post. The Senate Republicans are ready to sink the nation into a deflationary trap just so they can smile at Obama while defeating his, and the nation's, stimulus package. How brave of them!

Missy said...

You're one of my blogging heroes!

Thanks for the linky love. What a great circle we've got here.

HelenWheels said...

Hey I'm so sorry I missed this!!

What the hell??

I don't know HOW I missed it.

Gawd.

Thanks so much anyway. I have had a crazy and I mean KA-RAZY past 2 months.