Friday, April 24, 2009

Susan Boyle sings "I Don't Know How to Love Him"--1980's recording






As a public service to my readers who are interested in Susan Boyle, the overnight singing phenomenon, I'm posting a sound bite from a family gathering in the 1980's: her parents’ golden wedding party 23 years ago. She sings "I Don't Know How to Love Him" from Jesus Christ Superstar, interweaving the title song from that musical into a mini-medley:

Blank

Lyrics:
I don't know how to love him.
What to do, how to move him.
I've been changed, yes really changed.
In these past few days, when I've seen myself,
I seem like someone else.
I don't know how to take this.
I don't see why he moves me.
He's a man. He's just a man.
And I've had so many men before,
In very many ways,
He's just one more.
Should I bring him down?
Should I scream and shout?
Should I speak of love,
Let my feelings out?
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Don't you think it's rather funny,
I should be in this position.

I'm the one who's always been
So calm, so cool, no lover's fool,
Running every show.
He scares me so.
I never thought I'd come to this.
What's it all about?
Yet, if he said he loved me,
I'd be lost. I'd be frightened.
I couldn't cope, just couldn't cope.
I'd turn my head. I'd back away.
I wouldn't want to know.
He scares me so.
I want him so.
I love him so.

5 comments:

Spadoman said...

This is a great song, and sung by her does it great justice. This is from the rock opera "Jesus Christ Superstar" by Andrew Lloyd Weber. ( I listen to this CD often)

If Susan Boyle wasn't an idol before, she is these days in many respects. I hope she is making a ton of money

Utah Savage said...

Fabulous. I've been listening to everything I can find of hers. I love her look too.

Barbara said...

Thanks for sharing that music. How did you find that Aislin cartoon? Aislin is the cartoonist for the Montreal Gazette and lives in my part of town. His real name is Terry Mosher. He is quite talented.

Yolanda said...

Liked this a lot. I also like Susan Boyle a lot.

Vicente Duque said...

Billie :

I celebrate the triumph of Women in all careers including Politics.

I want Hillary Clinton to be president after the eight years of Obama.

I applaud that you are no longer slaves, to be raped in marriage, and there was a time when you could not have property.

The Sufragettes were beaten by scoundrels in the streets and later tortured, as in the movie "Iron Jawed Angels".

**********************
----------------------

I admire and love Women, but these last days have been very unfortunate for foolish U. S. Congresswomen.

An orgy and stravaganza of Imbecility inside the U. S. Congress, thanks to Republican Women.

*********************

Congresswoman Virginia Foxx, the most stupid address in the U. S. Congress :

From Wikipedia :

Position on the Matthew Shepard Act
On April 29, 2009, while sitting across from Judy Shepard -- the mother of Matthew Shepard, after whom the Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2007 is colloquially named -- Congresswoman Foxx issued the following statement:

“I also would like to point out that there was a bill -- the hate crimes bill that's called the Matthew Shepard bill is named after a very unfortunate incident that happened where a young man was killed, but we know that that young man was killed in the commitment of a robbery. It wasn't because he was gay....This -- the bill was named for him, hate crimes bill was named for him, but it's really a hoax that that continues to be used as an excuse for passing these bills."

Telling a mother that her murdered son was a robber !!

Michele Bachmann is an ignorant of the most elementary facts of U. S. History, and shows that Ignorance and Foolishness inside the U. S. Congress.

I have the videos of Virginia Foxx and Michele Bachmann saying the most stupid things in Congress :

Milenials.com

Vicente Duque