The gathering will take place at Mercado Mayapan at 2102 Myrtle Avenue in El Paso from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Events begin with a brief press conference in front of Mercado Mayapan from 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. At 9:30, the 500 convention attendees will march into the Mercado. Invited speakers and representatives from participating organizations (listed below) will give their remarks starting at 10. At 11 a.m., the event will be closed to the press.
The event will attempt to form a community agenda which is informed by local conditions but encompassing a national vision.
Organizations participating and/or sending delegates to the convention include:
- Annunciation House
- Border Network for Human Rights
- Desert A.D.A.P.T.
- El Comite Justicia Laboral/The Labor Justice Committee
- El Paso Federation of Teachers
- La Mujer Obrera
- Las Americas Immigrant Advocacy Center
- Occupy El Paso
- Paso Del Norte Civil Rights Project
- The National Association of Social Worker
- Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition
- Communities for Human Rights, a Texas-wide organization
- Dallas Peace Center
- DreamActivist Pennsylvania
- Juntos, Philadelphia
- Media Mobilizing Project, Pennsylvania
- Movimiento del Valle, Rio Grande Valley
- National Economic & Social Rights Initiative, based in New York
- One Love Movement, Philadelphia
- Poverty Initiative, New York
- Proyecto Inmigrante, Fort Worth, Texas
- United Workers, Baltimore
- Vermont Workers' Center
- Texas State Sen. Jose Rodriguez
- El Paso Coutny Judge Veronica Escobar
- Las Cruces City Rep. Olga Pedroza
- Fr. Roy Bourgeois, of the School of Americas Watch
Information and Image Source: Border Network for Human Rights